ArctiClean 1 Thermal Material Remover:
- ArctiClean 1 Thermal Material Remover quickly emulsifies and dissolves the existing thermal grease or pad from the CPU and/or heatsink so that it can easily be removed with a clean cloth or paper towel. A few drops of ArctiClean 2 Thermal Surface Purifier and some gentle wiping then removes the remaining residue and inhibits flash corrosion on copper or aluminum.
ArctiClean 2 Thermal Surface Purifier:
- ArctiClean 1 uses a proprietary combination of non-toxic biodegradable solvents to emulsify thermal greases or thermal pads. The citrus and soy based solvents in ArctiClean 1 match or exceed many hazardsous and volatile solvents such as fluorinated and chlorinated organic solvents, acetone, MEK (methyl ethyl ketone), mineral spirits, isopropyl alcohol, and toluene.
Using ArctiClean 2 With Other Solvents:
- The cationic surfactants in ArctiClean 2 remove any residue left by the ArctiClean 1 leaving a pristine surface for the application of a new thermal interface material. It also incorporates advanced flash corrosion inhibitors that minimize the corrosion layer on copper and aluminum allowing for more intimate contact between the thermal interface material and the heatsink.
Why Not Just Use Isopropyl Alcohol or Acetone?
- Most solvents and cleaning products leave residue on the CPU and heatsink that negatively affects the performance of any subsequently applied thermal interface material. ArctiClean 1 Thermal Surface Purifier removes the residue of citrus or petroleum based cleaners and inhibits flash corrosion on a copper or aluminum heatsink.
- Put isopropyl alcohol or acetone on a thermal pad and 10 minutes later you will have... A thermal pad. Only with a lot of rubbing and scrubbing will you be able to remove the pad. While the alcohol or acetone may soften the pad, neither actually dissolves the pad.
- ArctiClean 1 totally emulsifies thermal pads and thermal greases. The waxes, oils, and fillers of the thermal material are suspended within the ArctiClean 1 so they can be cleaned off completely. This emulsification allow ArctiClean to remove the thermal material in the microscopic imperfections in the heatsink or heat spreader that non-emulsifying cleaners cannot touch.
- The flash corrosion inhibitors in ArctiClean 2 then significantly reduce the corrosion layer on the copper or aluminum, improving the interface between the metal and the new thermal material and maximizing thermal transfer.
This is the 60ml kit (2 fluid ounces) which includes one 30ml ArctiClean 1 and one 30ml ArctiClean 2
14 Average Rating:
Reviewer: xneowolfx (4)
I use alcohol to get off the bulk of thermal paste and use this to clean up to better than factory out-of-the-box.
Better than combustable lemons!
Reviewer: Flame Soulis (1)
I have used this kit several times and compared to the older isopropyl alcohol method, this reigns supreme!
Just be aware that you tend to go through the Thermal Material Remover faster than the purifier, so if you want the most for your buck, use the isopropyl alcohol first, then the thermal remover, and finally the purifier. Whatever the isopropyl alcohol doesn''t take off, this stuff will!
Reviewer: Zaeris (4)
Clean my CPU to a nice and shiny shine
Reviewer: Sanguine (4)
Best product I''ve ever used and have recommended it for a long time.
ArctiClean 1 & 2 (Thermal Material Remover
Reviewer: norberto (18)
works very good on cpu and gpu remover and clean tim the best so far ty
Single Item Shipping Calculator
Note: Shipping costs for multiple items will be less than individual shipping quotes. Please proceed to checkout to receive multiple item shipping quotes.